Sunday, December 10, 2006

Colin's Christening



Poor Father..... he had to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out the beginning of Mass, because, as usual...... The Harvey's were late. He must have had a really nice "Welcome" to the new "parrishoner" (ME!) planned, too! Oh, well..... he obviously doesn't know my Mom and Dad very well! Then, all 12 of us trooped in, and didn't sit in the "reserved" seating smack dab in the front pews, either. S-t-r-e-t-c-h..... some more, and send somebody to tell us where to plunk ourselves down. Can you say "I'm sooooo embarrassed!" Good thing these are really nice folks at St John's. They made me feel right at home! Everybody smiled at me when I paraded in.

So the good news is that the christening gown fit me! Good thing Mom and Dad didn't wait another week! And I was so good, too! I laughed and cooed at Father. Then Father laughed and cooed right back at Me.....
"Maybe if I hide my eyes, nobody will notice that I'm a boy in a dress, with a frilly hat! My Grandmother HATES me! This will probably make me Gay! It'll be all her fault! Somebody Pleeeeeezeeee make me look like a boy!














"There! That's better! Now, get rid of these lacey shoes, and put my cleets on, right now! "

"And what are YOU laughing at Father? My baseball cap looks better than YOUR Hat!" Hair? Oh, sorry..... thought it was a hat!" Let's get on with this, before I loose all my nerve....."





Anyway..... My Mom didn't drop me in the big bathtub, and Father came through on his promise to warm the water before he dumped it on my head! Guess I'm glad I'm Catholic, cause they don't make me jump into a river or anything like that! Grandma would have been bummed if my nice dress got ruined..... hmmmm..... maybe I can save some other kid.....

Everything went fine until Father woke me up with the water. Then it reminded me that I was hungry. I figured that if I fussed loud enough, and long enough that somebody would give me some of whatever they were eating and drinking in front of me..... not a chance. Mom took me outside for a little "teaser," but had to bring me back in again so Father could say some more nice words, and slobber oil on my head. What's up with that, anyway? Still nothing to eat.... bummer! Let's get outta here!



Pictures? Now you want to take PICTURES???? Didn't Bryce take enough of them (with Uncle Buzzy's help, of course) when they dunked me? Oh, all right..... make it quick!

Me, Mommy and Daddy. See how happy I look? FEED ME!!!











Me and My Godmother, Aunt Rachel, I'll be a good boy for her.... she doesn't have anything to feed me with, and besides.... she's nice!














Me and My Godfather, Uncle Michael... not a prayer for a meal here. I'm being good for him, because Aunt Stephanie is going to have my cousin in February, and I don't want to scare him off, or anything...... just lookin' out for your future interests, here, Cuz......

A point of interest here.....do you notice who DIDN'T.... and RARELY has her picture taken with me? Just thought I'd bring that up.......







My Big Brother, Bryce, has a birthday on December 10th, so after Mommy fed me in the front pew of the church while chatting with Father (we expect anything else from my Mom? If she doesn't care, I sure don't .... I'll eat ANYWHERE!), we all trooped off to Avicoli's for our 7 PM dinner reservation.. ...which..... they screwed up! I don't think that all 12 of us would have fit into a booth for 4, do you? I mean.... I had my OWN seat, but I felt sorry for the rest of them! Somebody really messed things up, BIG TIME. So much for the leisurely fine dining..... we finally sat down at 7:40.... record time to shove the other people out the door! Uncle Mike and Grandma's orders got.... uh... lost somewhere, but they still managed to finish dinner with the rest of us. The cake was served, we all sang "Happy Birthday" to Bryce,



and, as you can see......




My Big Brother, Peyton held on as long as he could.

















And to all...."A Good Night!"

Love you!
Colin Julian Harvey

1 comment:

looseends said...

Colin looks gorgeous...ooops..not that he looks like a girl in all that foo foo!!! Wow, make sure you burn these pix before Colin is old enough to hold this against everyone in the family tree. John, how could you let this happen??? Put your foot down..darn it and stop the cross dressing!! Geeeze!!