Saturday, January 13, 2007

Miss Me?

Hi! Bet y'all wondered where I've been..... or not!
Humpty Dumpty died, and all the kings horses were not able to put him back together again. Soooooo..... thanks to Bryan, I have a brand new "guts" in my old Tower! "Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to reach tall buildings in a single bound..... "yeah, yeah..... blah, blah, blah. I haven't decided yet what to name HER, so if you have any "intelligent" ideas, I'll entertain them.

So..... since I couldn't be on my computer, I cross stitched. Here's some of what I did....






I took a "Russian Punch Needle Class" a week ago, and here's my first attempt..... it's a mitten! I spent all of 2-3 hours "thumping" the punch in and out of the muslin to create this lil' gem! It was so much fun, not to mention instantaneous gratification galore, that I'm going to do some more! Watch for it.















I also made the Shaker Ornaments from TGOS (The Gift of Stitching) Magazine. Little did I realize that it was almost ALL done "over one." Petite Point on 36 count linen is such fun! NOT!
At some point, I'll actually make them into the ornaments, but for now, I just "framed" them with my new photo program..... lazy me!



Last, but not least, I also started the TGOS first "Mystery Sampler." I know, it's almost a year old, but I always seem to get a late start, Kirsten! I guess I just wait till everybody else is finished, and have worked out any "bumps." LOL Anyway..... I had a piece of 28 count "Buttercup" linen (even if it doesn't look like yellow in the photo) that I couldn't figure out what to do with..... yellow isn't MY color, so I tossed the floss, and got started. Not bad so far.... much easier than I expected, and doing all the tiny "motifs" has been fun! Glad you published it, Kirsten. I just love the magazine, and now I'm ready to dive in and get started.


Bill, this blog is for you. I know that you look almost every day. Thanks! Send a pic (or 2 or 10!)of Killer, and I'll blog him!

Laura..... well..... you know..... lol ...... Watch out for helicopters!

Michele...... I hope you were able to access this! I also hope it was worth it.

Later.......

1 comment:

looseends said...

Helicopters???? I'm always on the lookout for helicopters, chandeliers...anything that's flying low and hanging. I want to grow up and be just as good as you! Nice stichery pieces. Which one will show up in my xmas stocking this year? Well, I am glad the o'l puter is up and running again. Welcome back. I will put my creative thinking hat on and see what I can come up with!