Friday, March 09, 2007

Michele's Over the Arm Chair "Thingy"






























I know there's a better name for what this is, but I'll be darned if I can remember it! It lays over the arm of your chair while you're stitching.

Michele went to a cross stitch "retreat" last year, and this was one of the items that she learned how to stitch. Shel.... I know that you don't think you did a great job on this, but I think it's beautiful, it's perfect because YOU made it, and most of all..... because you love me enough to part with it. I shall be forever thankful to have a little piece of "You."


There's a small pouch at each end for needles, threaders, "Orts" (Go ahead, Laura - I "double dog dare you" to ask me what an "ort" is....lol) or whatever. The center is a pin cushion, and the ribbons could tie scissors, etc...... I just love the porceline Flamingo in the center of the pin cushion! The whole piece is like a "Piece of Florida." I can stitch on a cold February day, and pretend I'm in Sunny Leesburg! Whoo-hoo!


Enjoy!

No comments: