Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday!

Oh, my! I had the best of intentions...... I met my Running Partner, Sue, this morning at 5:30. There was so much black ice in the parking lot of the Mall where our "jaunt" begins that I was sure I was going to end up on my Keister! Between watching for the icy patches, and watching out for the half awake folk looking for that perfect Christmas present at the perfect price (That's a lotta' "perfects!"), I started thinking that we should have scrapped the walk and headed to Dunkin Doughnuts! After a lot of "slip-sliding-away," we had a nice, brisk, 27 degree walk. By the time we got back to the Mall, the parking lot was half full, and already folks were headed back to their cars, burdened with Dick's and Penny's bags. Well..... it all looked so good that I just was... uh... "compelled" to see what was so special - at least at Dick's. Oh, yeah..... Chris will be the best dressed "Roofer" on the job after Christmas!

Did I mention that my AC Moore, Michael's, and JoAnne's flyers "magically" appeared on the front seat of my car? Yup! They did, and ..... Yup! I had to check out those three stores, too. Who cared that I still had my running clothes on, and smelled? Not me!!!! JV will be proud of himself when he sees the Ott - light magnifier that he bought me. Hey! I .... er... HE... got 20% off the entire order! OH! He'll also be pleased as punch when he remembers that he also bought an "Oval" Mat Cutter for me - half price at AC Moore's! He's quite the bargain hunter, that Hubby of mine!

No comments: