Saturday, November 04, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Halloween arrived as a beautiful, sunny morning! Great time to finish the landscaping - just ask my Son! Poor guy had to load, and off-load 24oo pounds of stone mulch. I kept thinking...... "This will make you stronger." His facial expression kept saying, " How much stronger, and WHY does she hate me?"

What began as a relatively simple project to replace the cedar mulch with stone (in order to keep the ant population at a minumum!), became a typical 3 Stooges project! Just after Chris and I left the house, John called to say that he would come home, pick up the tow behind trailer, and help us get the stone from Lowes to the house. HA! After two trips to Lowes to carry the stone and constant worries about flat tires and burning transmissions, Chris and I were ready to begin. Did I mention that it was a pallet of stone? OH! Also, each of the 63 bags weighed 45 lbs apiece! Do the math.

The end result? Check it out!

















The Boys were supposed to arrive by late afternoon, but Mommy's "day before her first day back to work after Maternity Leave" was too hectic. She wanted Lucy Peabody to see the "Tricksters," so Grandma came in "second place." LOL. Naw..... I was "on the way home." Then, Shawn had a "fender-bender," so everybody ran late. The wait was worth it! Peyton has quite a "Dinosaur Roar." He was so excited! I just love this age.....everything is such a "Hoot!" Poor Colin slept through it all in his Bumble-Bee costume. The only time he woke up was to eat! so cute..... I sure miss those times....








No comments: