Sunday, November 26, 2006

For My Sister



Here's your big chance........


Cindi sent a beautiful gift along with the Familial Christening Gown the other day. Yes, you Snot! You indeed DID make your "always will be younger Sister cry!" Happy now? The pic in the upper left is only one of two pics that I'm aware of with me as a baby. I know all babies look alike, but I can see myself in Colin! Vanity......


There's a great pic of the two of us standing in front of our old house on State St in Oneonta on Easter morning. Mom loved to dress us up...... she had to be careful with me, though, or I'd take off, and roll in some dirt somewhere. I was never dressed up for long! Cindi was the "prim and proper" one.


The other photo is of the "Glamore Gals" onboard ship. We took a nice cruise to celebrate.... oh.... I guess our existance. Cindi..... remember the berths on the ship? there wasn't room to turn around! Our bright idea was to choose an "inside" berth for our first cruise, too! You have NO IDEA how dark those rooms are in the middle of the night! I also discovered that when they change out the fresh water (also in the middle of the night), the water in the stainless steel toilets comes right up to the brim! Ask me how I know this at 3 AM!


The other picture is is Cindi and I at the Enchanted Forest taken in 1955. I think Cindy was 7 1/2, and Barbie was just 4 years old. See how proud we were of our new "Annie Oakley" Cowgirl outfits? Check out the fringe on the skirts! For some reason, I'm not wearing my "6-guns" though. It was probably too hot that day! I remember that my hat was red, and I think that Cindy’s was Black. I have a vivid reccolation about the shoes, too. They were red "Buster Brown’s" and had holes cut out in the shape of leaves on the instep! Mom always dressed us up so cute when we went out "visiting!"

No comments: